Beta Readers?

Anyone interested in doing beta reading for me? What’s beta reading? Well, a beta reader is someone who gets an early draft of a forthcoming book, reads it, and provides feedback and when the book is published, an honest review. It’s a quid pro quo. I give you a free book, you give me your opinion and that honest review. I’m not looking for copy editing (you can ignore formatting, punctuation, and minor grammar errors—my editor loves to toast my cookies over those things, and who am I to deny her her fun?), just comments on the content, what worked, what didn’t work, if it’s too long, too short, which passages (if any) were confusing, etc. I write mostly M/M erotica/romance in the dark urban fantasy/paranormal genres, so 18+ only please, and if you’re familiar with the genre itself, that helps. If you’re interested, please comment below. I’m gathering names and contact info at the moment, and will put together a group, either email or Facebook, when I have enough folks. Turn around time will generally be about 2 weeks, though longer around the holidays, like now.

Copies will be PDF and will be watermarked. They’re not to be shared or discussed outside the group of beta readers. Let me hear from you!

About suzanawylie

Suzana Wylie is the not-very-pseudo pseudonym of Susan Wylie Wilson, because let's face it, there are lots of Susan Wilsons around, and as an author, I want readers to find ME and not the bazillions of others. I've been writing all my life - since I learned to hold a pencil anyway - and can't NOT write. Other people have to breathe to live; I have to write.
This entry was posted in Nonfiction. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Beta Readers?

1. juliabraddy@yahoo.com says:

I find your Fallow Moon Series intriguing and would enjoy the opportunity to be a beta reader;
    *and, smile when I suggest your ‘editor’ do a better job of editing. Happy Holidays!

• suzanawylie says:

Julia, are you on Facebook? I have a group there for beta readers. And if you’re speaking of what you’ve read here, the chapters I’ve posted are first draft, unedited.

• Julia says:

Hi Suzana, yes, I am on Facebook. I’ve only read your books via Kindle; however, only made comments to you here. I prefer not make comments to the general public when pointing out mistakes.

• suzanawylie says:

Thank you. That is appreciated. Many extremely talented, traditionally published authors, such as Sir Terry Pratchett, have errors that slip through. This doesn’t mean that they didn’t have an ‘editor,’ as you styled it. I assure you, I do.

• Julia says:

I know! I made the comment about the editor because I read you had one (who you most likely pay for).
        I read a lot more than most and see errors in all types of publications. Makes me nuts the an unaware author paid for bad editing. Geez, you should not have to go back and edit the editor. I meant no offense to you. I enjoyed your books.

• suzanawylie says:

Thank you. I’m glad you enjoyed the books. Why don’t you send me a couple of examples of what you’re talking about via PM on FB?

• suzanawylie says:

Just to let you know, that’s my author account on FB and I’m not signed into it a lot, since it appears that FB is moving toward disallowing accounts that aren’t in the legal name of the account holder. Suzana is a pen name. It may take me a bit to respond to a PM there.

• suzanawylie says:

(And I’m not offended. 🙂 )